Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Finally Time to Break Some Glass

I've spent a good deal of time in the basement lately cleaning and setting up a work space for stained glass that can just "be." Finally bought the glass (seems like a ton!) for the fireplace screen pictured below, some new grinding wheels, supplies, and this wonderful ring saw. I have coveted one of these for such a long time. While cutting the pattern, it became obvious now was the time to have one. Some of the angles on the pieces would make cutting with a traditional glass cutter nearly impossible. So I ordered the saw and it now sits in the basement as part of the work area.

I am thrilled to finally be able to start real work on the glass. The frame has been in my diningroom for about two years, the pattern was bought at least a year and a half ago, but things were so hectic and busy it has been impossible. So - finally - it is time. I will try and document some of my progress with this as it goes along so you can see how the piece comes together.

No comments: