Sunday, August 17, 2008

FO!! FO!! (for you non-knitters - Finished Object!!!)


Yesterday was a fine day in St. Louis - sunny, mild, and beautiful. So Grace and I spent the day - the entire day - in the dungeon glass studio! She arrived about 10 in the morning and we glassed all day and had a wonderful time! She finished a card holder she started on last time, I finished one I started last week, and started and completed another one!

First is the little mailbox:



















Then one called "Roarin' 20's":



















I made these for some business friends as a kind of "thank you" for being nice people. Since they haven't received them yet, hoping to keep their identities a secret!

We also had dinner here, and my brother and dad came by to help consume goodies. Fixed some wonderful barbecued boneless beef short ribs, au gratin potatoes, baked beans, and sliced homegrown tomatoes, with a chocolate cream pie for dessert. The guys stuck around until about 8:30, so we went back to the "dungeon" and worked a bit longer. The two of us have a great time working with the glass together!

No comments: