Monday, February 23, 2009

The Excitement Builds!!!

Here is the front panel (the BIG one on the left) that finally has each piece surrounded by copper foil and is ready to begin soldering. Yes!! The day finally arrived when I found that last piece to be foiled! It is hard to believe.

I actually began the soldering last night, and figure by the end of this week, that should be finished and I can add the "U" lead to the outside of all three panels, blacken the solder, then mount them in the frame. The end is in sight!

And, just for fun - last night Grace, my co-conspirator, helped take a picture of what it may look like once finished!!!


We are both so thrilled that this is close to completion! It has been a long journey and we've both learned a lot!! Can't wait to see it in front of a fire!

And just for good measure, Grace finished her window hanging Pansies in the Pot!!! She likes all the meticulous details!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rune says it looks really beautiful ! You could sell these, custom designs ! Really Nice :-)