Thursday, March 26, 2009

Only Good Bird is a Happy Bird!

I'm so tickled!

This is a picture of my very first stained glass birdhouse!! It is modeled after a wooden one I have. I've spent a couple days trying to figure out how to convert it to glass and have it work out right to be stable enough. It is the result of just some fiddling around I've done. I'm certain the hole is a bit too large for the wrens I had in mind, but hopefully something will nest in it this spring!

This is a combination of some dark green water glass with dark blue wispies for the house, turquoise with white wispies for the roof, along with some clear textured yellow for acents. The hole is surrounded by four twisted copper wires. I added ventilation slots between the sides and roof so the little tweeters don't bake in the summer sun. Also, the bottom is a glass slide piece that is removable for cleaning. All-in-all, I think it turned out kind of pretty.

The birds will be the ones with the final vote! I'll keep you updated.

By the way, the idea is to sell some of these in various colors. So if you love what you see, they will probably be in the neighborhood of $60 to $75, depending on the intricacy. Thanks!

No comments: